IRONMAN ROKA Women's Viper Pro Swimskin - Black
CUTTING-EDGE TECH, RACE PROVEN PERFORMANCE
As with the Maverick Pro wetsuit, we put everything we know and love into our Viper swimskins. We built the Viper from the ground up and leveraged our experience as elite swimmers to deliver the ultimate swimskin — no compromises. We focused on every detail, from the world's fastest materials and hi-tech, bonded seam panel construction to low profile zippers and hidden stitch reinforcement. These details add up to free speed on race day. Pro and age group athletes wearing our Viper swimskins have had many First Out of the Water finishes — both in the professional and age group ranks. All of our swimskins are USAT and WTC legal.
This suit was First Out of the Water at the 2013 & 2014 Ironman World Championships in Kailua-Kona. In 2015, our Viper swimskins were the most popular swimskins overall in Kona, with nearly 25% of the field wearing them. If you are racing a non-wetsuit swim, you need this suit.
The Viper Pro is the tip of the sword in the triathlon swimskin (aka "speed suit") market. In designing the Viper Pro, we relished the challenge of creating a swimskin that lives up to the ROKA standard set by the Maverick Pro wetsuit. We took the same uncompromising, ground-up design approach based on years of competitive swimming and triathlon experience, and we strategically incorporated all the latest advances in performance swimwear materials and construction.
The Viper Pro swimskin is USAT and WTC legal and uses two varieties of the same premium stretch-woven textile from Italy, a hydrophobic Teflon® coating, high-tech bonded seam construction with novel hidden stitch reinforcement, a low profile autolocking YKK zipper and a pattern orientation and layout strategically designed to liberate your arms while providing support where you need it. We use flat seams at the leg opening to avoid "sausage legs" created by elastic bands with silicone grippers. All of these little details add up to free speed on race day. The Viper Pro comes with atomic yellow graphics.
Swimskin Fit Tips:
- Swimskins should fit snugly but comfortably without inhibiting your breathing or arm movement. Fit may feel different while swimming vs. on land, so make sure to try the suit in the water. They are meant to have a tight, compression fit, like a competition pool swimming suit.
- Note that swimskins are meant to be worn on top of a race top/bottom or race suit only for the swim portion of the race. They are very specific, high performance garments not meant to be worn alone like traditional swimwear and the suits can be see-through under certain light or when wet. Undergarments such as a tri kit or swimsuit are strongly advised.
- Your race kit will affect the fit slightly, so please be sure to fit your suit with your kit.
The Viper swimskin is a performance garment made with top-end materials that will deteriorate over time.
Here are some tips to improve its longevity:
- Rinse in cold fresh water after each use
- Hang dry thoroughly (inside out)
- Do not iron or put in a washer/dryer
- If you soil the suit somehow you can hand wash with mild soap or use our wetsuit shampoo.
- This suit may degrade with exposure to chlorine and other pool chemicals.